11 hours in the past
COLUMBIA, Mo. – Led by Hank Zeisler’s three house runs, the College of Missouri baseball staff mashed its method to a 10-8 victory over Lamar Wednesday afternoon at Taylor Stadium.
Missouri (13-3), which scored in six of its eight turns at-bat, belted six house runs in a sport for the primary time in practically 15 years. The Tigers wanted every certainly one of them with the intention to assist stave off a late comeback bid by the Cardinals (13-4) and declare their thirteenth victory of the season.
Zeisler staked the Tigers to a three-run cushion along with his two-out shot within the house half of the primary, earlier than including solo blasts within the fifth and seventh frames to increase the Mizzou lead. The graduate switch matched a profession excessive with 5 RBIs in serving to the Tigers placed on their greatest single-game energy show since a seven-homer evening towards Texas on April 11, 2008.
The Tigers wasted little time constructing their lead. Within the first, Ross Lovich reached on a one-out single that dropped into proper discipline, earlier than Trevor Austin stored the body alive by coaxing a two-out stroll. With two aboard, Zeisler drove them each house with a three-run shot off the batter’s eye in heart discipline.
Juju Stevens added Mizzou’s fourth run to guide off the second inning, belting his second round-tripper of the season simply past the attain of Tanner Wilson on the heart discipline wall.
The 4 runs had been sufficient to offer Ian Lohse some respiratory room in his beginning effort, because the junior lefty tossed two shutout innings whereas punching out a pair to enrich the Tigers’ hitting efforts.
Within the fourth inning, the Tigers loaded the bases with a single from Tre Morris and a pair of full-count walks, flipping the lineup for Luke Mann. The third baseman roped a single into proper discipline, bringing in Morris and Ty Wilmsmeyer.
Zeisler linked on his second house run of the sport his subsequent time up, crushing a no-doubter to proper to open up a six-run Mizzou benefit.
The Cardinals made the competition shut with a five-run seventh inning, buoyed by a pair of two-run house runs from Ben MacNaughton and Ryan Snell, slicing Missouri’s result in only a single run.
Simply when the Tigers want it most, Zeisler struck once more, taking a 1-2 providing deep into the Missouri bullpen in left discipline for an 8-6 margin. The Tigers hit two homers to reclaim a four-run bulge, as Justin Colon led off the eighth along with his second lengthy ball of the 12 months, earlier than Dalton Bargo’s drive carried over the left-center discipline wall for his first collegiate house run and a 10-6 Mizzou edge.
On the mound, the Mizzou pitching workers punched out 9 Cardinals, with Logan Lunceford (2-0) hurling 4 innings of one-run reduction whereas putting out 4 to assist the Tigers keep their early lead.
Tony Neubeck entered within the eighth, breezing by a three-up, three-down inning earlier than working his approach out of hazard after the Cardinals scored twice within the ninth and put the potential tying run in scoring place. The left-hander fanned Kirkland Banks on a 3-2 pitch to lock down the victory-Mizzou’s twelfth win in its final 13 contests main into the beginning of Southeastern Convention play this weekend.
- Mizzou improves to 8-1 at house this season and 390-226 all-time at Taylor Stadium
- The Tigers hiked their report to 3-0 in midweek motion
- Mizzou improved its report to 6-1 all-time towards Lamar, with the Tigers taking the primary matchup between the colleges in Columbia
- For the fourth time this season, the Tigers put at the very least 10 runs on the scoreboard
- The Tigers homered on six events Wednesday, marking essentially the most Missouri has hit since April 11, 2008, when it hit seven towards Texas at Taylor Stadium
- Hank Zeisler grew to become the primary Tiger to hit three house runs in a sport since Trey Harris completed the feat on April 15, 2017 towards Kentucky
- Zeisler recorded his first multi-homer sport in Black and Gold, reaching that benchmark for the second time in his Division I profession (vs. San Diego State, Might 19, 2022)
- Zeisler’s 5 RBI tied a profession excessive (April 24, 2022 vs. New Mexico) and marks a season greatest by a Tiger hitter
- Luke Mann prolonged his hitting streak to 12 video games, knocking in a pair of runs for his fourth multi-RBI contest of 2023
- Dalton Bargo’s solo house run within the eighth inning signified his first collegiate house run
- Bargo and Tre Morris every recorded two hits, marking their third and fourth multi-hit contests of the season, respectively
- Tony Neubeck recorded his first collegiate save, pitching two innings and putting out three to shut out the competition
Mizzou will open its 2023 SEC schedule Friday when it welcomes No. 4 Tennessee to Taylor Stadium for a three-game sequence.