This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Premier Protein. All opinions are 100% mine.
Fall is officially here, which means it’s the pumpkin seasoning time of the year again. If you love pumpkin spices like us, but are also looking for tasty and healthy ways to add more protein to your diet, don’t miss the limited edition Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake from Premier Protein!
Since Premier Protein has won the American Masters of Taste Gold Medal for SUPERIOR TASTING Ready-To-Drink Protein Drinks every year since 2015, we believe they know what they are doing. We tried them, they taste like a rich pumpkin spice heaven and now we are officially in love.
What’s in Premier Protein Pumpkin Spice Shakes?
Not only are they super tasty, low in calories, and low in carbohydrates, but these are them Premier Protein Pumpkin Spice Shakes are packed with protein. This means that even though they taste like desserts, you can enjoy your favorite fall flavor all season without feeling guilty. Just be aware that these contain dairy products when you are eating dairy-free.
Here’s What’s in a Premier Protein Pumpkin Spice Shake (11 oz.):
- 30g protein: Not eating enough protein can cause a variety of health problems, including lack of energy, sugar cravings, and muscle weakness, gas, and weight gain. If you’re struggling to get enough each day, these shakes are the perfect way to meet your daily protein goals, especially on the go.
- 2 net carbohydrates and 1 g sugar: Whether you’re on a low-carb diet or just watching your sugar intake, you don’t have to worry about high-calorie carbohydrates.
- 160 calories: With only 160 calories, pumpkin spice has never tasted so good!
- 24 Vitamins and Minerals to Support Immunity and Health: Unlike other protein shakes available, Premier Protein Shakes contain a variety of important essential nutrients and antioxidants that can support your immune system and help your body get the nutrients it needs. In addition to B vitamins such as biotin, folate, B6 and B12, these shakes also contain vitamins A, C, E and K as well as minerals such as zinc, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese and molybdenum.
We get inspiration: How to use these shakes for your day
We like to take these Premier Protein Pumpkin Spice Shakes with us on trips or as a light breakfast. But as aromatic as they are, they are also super versatile.
You can also use them as:
- A pre-workout, post-workout or a healthy afternoon snack
- A protein-rich coffee creamer for your coffee or tea.
- The basis for a healthy latte or cappuccino.
- A liquid substitute for your favorite homemade baked goods like pancakes and muffins.
- A delicious base for oatmeal, overnight oats or chia pudding.
- A substitute for your grain milk
My new guilt-free way to enjoy Premier Protein’s Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake as a cream and sugar substitute in a lighter, fall-inspired version of crème brûlée. A French dessert, crème brûlée, which translates as scorched cream, is traditionally a dish of rich custard made with cream, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and sometimes a pinch of salt. Covered in a layer of hardened caramelized sugar, it’s usually an indulgent treat. Until now.
It’s a delicious, high-protein dessert that will instantly put you in the fall mood!
Plus, they’re super easy to do. You only need a few casserole molds, crème brlée bowls or small heat-resistant casserole dishes. If you don’t have a kitchen torch to burn the tips off, you can just put them under the grill for a few minutes instead.
Healthy pumpkin and spice creme brulee
If you love crème brulée but hate fat and sugar, this lightened version with the Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake from Premier Protein is perfect for fall.
- 1 Cup of Premier Protein Pumpkin Spice Shake
- 3 egg yolk
- ⅓ Cup of pumpkin puree * no pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of cinammon
- 1 prize salt
- 4th teaspoon Sugar (use erythritol for a sugar-free version)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Then place your molds on a small baking sheet.
- Bring 3 cups of water to almost a boil in a kettle or microwave. This is poured into the baking sheet to create a water bath.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients (except sugar or erythritol) until everything is well mixed and smooth. You don’t want it to get frothy or the top won’t get nice and flat. If it does, you can pass it through a fine mesh sieve to remove the bubbles and foam.
- Then distribute the mixture evenly on the molds and carefully place the pan in the oven. Before you close the oven door, carefully pour your hot water into the pan. Try not to splash the water. It should reach about half the sides of the baking dishes.
- The total baking time depends on the size of the baking pans or casserole dishes you choose. Four-ounce dishes should bake in about 12 minutes, while 6-ounce crème brulée should bring to about 15 minutes with just a little shake in the middle.
- After baking, let the crème brulée cool down. Then put them in the refrigerator for 2 hours or even overnight so that they set.
- Dust the top of the crème brulées thinly with about 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar (or erythritol). Pick up the bowl and tilt it back and forth so that the sugar grains reach every corner of the crème brulée surface. Pour off the excess sugar, then use your kitchen gun to heat the sugar until it melts and forms a glassy caramelized bowl on top. Let it cool and harden for a few minutes before serving.
- Note: If you don’t have a kitchen torch, place it under a preheated grill with the oven door open for about 2 minutes, or until the sugar caramelizes.
Where can I find Pumpkin Spice Protein Shakes from Premier Protein?
Premier Protein’s Pumpkin Spice flavor isn’t here to stay. How can you enjoy the pumpkin and spice flavor without feeling guilty?
visit Premierprotein.com to find out where to get more recipe ideas and where to score your pumpkin and spice protein shakes before they’re ready for the season.