Come see what there is to love about Benjamin Moore Cloud White. Thanks to its creamy undertones, it’s a warm and cozy white with a classic touch.
Cloud White is a classic, timeless color that has been popular for many years. You can find out why this is so on this photo tour through our new basement bathroom, painted in cloud white.
You will see the color in our home with the lights on and off to show the nuances, along with pictures of other homes that have this gorgeous color!
Everyone knows I love soft, creamy whites. I think they are the perfect neutral backdrop to create warm and inviting spaces in our home. In my opinion, the perfect creamy color is one that isn’t too strong or too yellow.
Benjamin Moore Cloud White is exactly that color. It is a subtle off-white that gives every room just the softest glow. But be careful not to confuse it with BM White Cloud (2159-70) which is a different color from a very similar name.
I love my cream kitchen cabinets and the matching beadboard backsplash. Well, to be fair, my cabinets are custom colored. I had mixed it with the various whites in our breakfast nook and living room. But the idea is the same – a creamy off-white fit perfectly.
Don’t forget to keep track of the colors of your home on this printable home color color chart.
About Benjamin Moore Cloud White
- Subtle off-white
- Creamy undertones
- Exudes the softest glow
One of my longtime favorite interior designers, Marie Flanigan Interiors, has often used Cloud White in her work. That’s how I first discovered this gorgeous color, so I’m sharing some of its incredible spaces here too!
You will love the depth that Cloud White brings to your space. It will make your home warm and cozy and light and airy – all at the same time. We have just used this color on the walls of our new basement bathroom and we are in love with the subtle warmth!
Benjamin Moore Cloud White has an LRV (Light Reflectance Value) of about 85. The LRV is the percentage of light that a color reflects. On a scale from 0-100, 0 stands for black and 100 for real white. In other words, the higher the LRV, the lighter the color.
An LRV of 85 means that Cloud White is definitely a bright and light color. It will help reflect a lot of light in a room. Personally, I love using colors in this LRV range because they help bring light into a room and make a small room feel bigger.
Cloudy white undertones
Cloud White is a warm white, which means it has creamy undertones. Depending on the light, it can sometimes appear a little more yellow.
For example, Cloud White appears warmer in rooms with south-facing daylight. On the other hand, the extra touch of warmth in Cloud White prevents the color from getting too cool in the cooler northern lights.
It all depends on your preferences – do you love a warm, creamy white? Or do you want one that is a little cleaner and crisper?
Trim the colors to match with Benjamin Moore Cloud White
There are several ways to approach a creamy color like Cloud White. First, you can paint your trim a lighter white to make it stand out against the creamier walls.
For Cloud White, try a color like Sherwin Williams Everyday White or Benjamin Moore White Dove. They’re both warm white, but a bit crisper than Cloud White, so they offer a nice contrast.
You can also paint your molding in Cloud White! Yes, painting walls and cladding the same color is a big trend right now. I’ve done it and I love how it really opens up a space and makes it more cohesive.
Read more about The Best Trim Paint and Painting Trim White.
Colors to combine with Cloud White
Benjamin Moore Cloud White is one of those versatile colors that looks great with almost anything. Since it’s a warm neutral, it looks especially good with other warm colors and earth tones.
Try colors like SW Accessible Beige, SW Agreeable Gray, Chantilly Lace, and BM Revere Pewter. They’re all warm enough to pair well with a creamy white. Or if you want more color, check out earthy greens or blues.
Benjamin Moore’s Cloud White OC-130 also goes great with dark marine tones like Benjamin Moore Hale Navy.
Where can BM Cloud White be used?
- bedroom – Perfect for making bedrooms light and airy, and it’s a neutral backdrop for layering bedding, carpets, and artwork. Read more about choosing the right white for your bedroom.
- Living areas – A warm and inviting neutral shade for superimposing textures, metals and accent colors.
- Walls, cladding and ceilings – So that rooms feel bigger and ceilings feel higher. Get my tips on choosing the best ceiling color.
- With wood tones – Gorgeous in contrast to wood tones like wood floors and cabinets. If you have oak cabinets, consider painting your walls Cloud White! Here you can find more paint colors that match oak cabinets.
- Outside – A proven neutral conductor for painting your entire home or just a small outdoor space.
- furniture – For freshening up furniture or cupboards. Read about the best paint for furniture and how to paint without sanding!
Benjamin Moore Cloud White Tips
- Sample received – Before you decide on a color, order samples of your favorites. Paint swatches of color on your walls or on a board that you can move from room to room.
- Go to the edges – If you are painting a sample board, paint it all the way to the edges. If you leave a white border blank, the off-white undertone in Cloud White will look even more yellow than it really is.
- lighting – Try your samples on different walls throughout the day. Notice how the lighting changes affect the color.
- Use primer – Use a good stain-blocking primer like Kilz if you need extra coverage. Be sure to use a primer if you’re painting over a darker color. It will aid coverage and liability.
- Two coats – Even with a good quality paint, you will likely need a few coats of cloud white to make sure the previous paint is completely covered.
frequently asked Questions
Cloud White is a warm white, soft and subtle. There is only a hint of glow, especially in warm southern lights. Its warm undertones make it a cozy and inviting color.
Cloud White has a soft cream undertone. It’s not strong like some whites and it’s not too yellow like some creams. It’s somewhere in the middle, which makes it a perfect choice for so many rooms!